Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Merry & Bright--LIGHTS!

Week 14 (December 15-21)

Monday morning we took Sister Shefchik and went to the Quechee Gift Shops.  She was all excited to show Rhonda some antiques, etc.  I followed them for a few minutes and then sat in the car and read The Work and the Glory for a while.  After Quechee, we drove on in to West Lebanon and did a little shopping.  I missed family home evening as we no sooner got to the Memorial and three visitors showed up for a tour.  When I finished, they were having home evening treats.  I came for the eats and moved on to visitors for the lights.
Tuesday--The temperature for Sharon this morning was 19 degrees below 0.  So, it was a good day to do the laundry at the apartment.  About noon it started to snow very lightly and snowed most of the day and evening until we finished up at the Memorial.  During the course of the evening, I shoveled the walks twice for my exercise.  I figured it would be very slow with the snow, etc. but we still had about 25 visitors who came in to see the animals/hot cider visit.  Elder Osborne and I gave a blessing to Elder Johnson a blessing prior to his going to the hospital in the morning for a medical procedure, something to do with a scope and checking on his ulcer.  About the end of the evening we received a phone call saying Jay McClure from the home evening group had passed away.  We were also saddened to get an email saying that JoAnne Brown from our St. George ward had also passed away on Sunday previous.


 Wednesday evening we went with the young Sister Missionaries to teach a lesson to a young father that has brought his two little kids up to see the lights several times.  This was our first experience like that.

The lights and stable definitely draw a lot of visitors.  We have hundreds of people nearly every night.
Saturday we manned the facility alone for quite a while as all other missionaries went to the Ascutney Ward for the funeral of Jay McClure.



























No comments:

Post a Comment