December 29 - 31
![]() |
| The "Lights of Christmas" will be over New Years Day |
![]() |
| The "Lights of Christmas" will be over New Years Day |
MONDAY we thought we would get a little rest
but Elder Osborne called and wanted us to come early and fill in for him as he
had lost a took cap and needed to see the dentist in Lebanon to get it
fixed. Elder Johnson is not doing too
well and was to the doctor himself so that left me in charge. Sister Josie Best, the animals owner, called
about moving the animals. Since I was
the only one here, I made the decision and told her to come take them away ASAP
as it seemed to be causing Elder Johnson stress worrying about them. By this time, guests were arriving for FHE. Elder Osborne was ill, and Sister Scott was
ill so I ended up giving my yesterday’s church talk for the FHE lesson. I hardly got a break as people just kept
coming and coming all night long. I made
a count and counted 168 people who stopped and got out of their cars and came
to see the animals and/or in the house for warm cider and cookies. 
TUESDAY, Dec. 31, 2013. We were scheduled to have the late shift and
were also trying to coordinate a new year’s eve party with all the
missionaries. We finally decided to move
things to the Center so the Johnson’s
could attend as they wouldn’t leave the animals (Sister Best said it was too cold to come get
them). We tried to start our “party” at
9:00pm but people just kept coming and driving through. Even though the lights were out, they were
still coming until 11:45p. The party was
kinda fun, I tried to teach them how to play “crazy rook”. It was pretty crazy as I don’t think some of
them even know what was going on after we had played all 10 rounds. We also played a couple other games, had lots
of nice eats and treats. HAPPY NEW
YEAR We were soon gone after the stroke
of midnight. We were still having flight
problems for our proposed trip to Utah in the morning so after we got home
Rhonda stayed up and was working on that for a while but I was tired and it was
too late so I went to bed.



No comments:
Post a Comment