Week 9 (Nov. 10-16)
 |
| The sun was bright enough to get the brilliant reflection |
The sun has been shinning again this week which seems to brighten up each day substantially. The high temperature at the first of the week was in the forties but reached into the fifties by the week-end!
After
Church on Sunday, we hurried to the Memorial as we were the only ones to work today. We had several visitors. One of them noticed my name tag and said she
was related to some Ogdens. She said
they were from Delta. I said they must
be some of Marvin’s family. She said, do
you know Uncle Marvin? We then had a
little take about our relatives.
- I had one couple with a “Kanosh
Fire” sweatshirt. I ask where they were
from? He ask me to guess where they were
from so I said Kanosh is about 15 miles from Fillmore and he was really
amazed. He was a non-member but had
been to all the Church History spots except Nauvoo and they were planning to go
there soon. We talked about why he
wasn’t a member but didn’t really have a good answer. - Some groups are hard to talk too. Two young member families with 9 kids between
them came at closing but with all the kids running around, about all they could
do besides chase kids was to look at the Monument. I felt bad I didn’t have a chance to tell
them the history behind the Monument.
 |
| Elder Gifford Nielsen, Sis. Nielsen, Sis. Ogden, Elder Ogden |
 |
| This isn't a prayer, just caught Elder Nielsen looking down |
 |
| With Presiden & Sister Stoker |
We
had
the late shift Tuesday so just stayed at the apartment until time to go. Not a lot of visitors but had several cars
drive through. Finally, I walked out to
meet one of the cars and the man hollered and ask if we were open? I told him sure and he said the sign by the
building said “closed”. When checking it
out, I was told it was too frozen for Elder Osborne to change from closed to
Open. No one said anything so I just
assumed it was changed. We soon took
care of that problem. Even with the lack of many visitors, we were pretty
much busy as we were getting ready for a Senior Missionary Couples dinner prior
to Zone Conference tomorrow. Osborne’s
had arranged for a guy in their ward to come cook an Italian dinner for the
group. I think there were 14 couples
including the mission office staff, Mission President Stoker and Elder Gifford
Nielsen of the 70. It was a nice dinner
and Rhonda and I ended up setting at the table with Elder Nielsen and his wife. We enjoyed our time visiting with them. He could remember seeing me from doing BYU
basketball games so we had a good discussion about BYU athletics. It was a very enjoyable evening!
 |
| Elder Dyches & Elder Ogden |
 |
| Nielsens & Pettingills (Mission office couple) | |
|
|
 |
| Elder Skidmore, Chef & wife, Sis. Skidmore |

The chef and his wife did bring in a superb Italian dinner!
 |
| Nielsens & Johnsons |
 |
| With Elder Simpkins |
Wednesday was the Mission Zone conference at the
South Royalton Chapel (our regular Church building). We went before the meeting and saw some of
the missionaries. We finally got to meet
Elder Simkins, Alena’s cousin. He goes
home this next transfer in December so we were looking for him in
particular. We felt bad we couldn’t stay
for the meeting but we were on the schedule to open the Memorial so we had to
leave. We talked to Pres. Stoker on our
way out so I guess we did the best we could.
Pres. Stoker said he would get us a copy of the material they were discussing
so we felt better about it. We also went back after our morning shift so we caught all of the afternoon Zone Conference. Elder Nielsen was so dynamic; his talks were very powerful, inspiring, and up-lifting!
On our day off (Thursday), we made an appointment in Norwich, VT to get our car serviced--oil changed. We also did our usual grocery shopping for the week.
Wow! Our missions are so completely different! Glad you are enjoying your time.
ReplyDelete