Week Seven (October 27 - November 2)
![]() |
| Ogdens, Sunderlands, Dyches, (friends) |
This week marks the beginning of
our third month of missionary experience.
In most respects, time has gone by quite fast. Saturday morning we had the early shift which
proved a good thing as before our shift was complete, Rhonda’s high school
girl-friend, Radene Howard Sunderland, called and said they would be to see us in a
few hours. They are also friends of the
Dyches family (FM missionaries). We had
a good visit at the monument as we went back after our shift to meet them. From there we all went to Lebanon and had a
nice dinner at Applebee’s. We had a nice
time visiting and just reminiscing.
Radene and Edwin also had two of their friends from Tremonton with them
so all four of them ended up staying at
our apartment .
![]() |
| Dyches, Ogdens, Johnsons, |
Sunday morning we fixed breakfast for the crew and we all
hurried to get to Church on time. Our
guests left after sacrament meeting as they were in hopes to get to Palmyra NY
by dark. After Church, all the
missionaries met to have a group picture and since our schedule for the day was
the late one, we went back to the apartment for a couple of hours. By the late shift today, things were quite
slow at the Monument. I only had one
tour, a non-member couple from Sweden via North Carolina. We had a very good tour and in spite of it
being the only people I escorted for the day, I feel my time was well spent and
worth the day. We did manage to lock-up
a few minutes and go to the Church for a Baptismal Service that the Sister
missionaries were having for one of their contacts.—We almost forgot to call
Chace on his birthday but finally made contact.
I even got to watch a little of the World Series for a while at the end
of the day.
I guess on Monday we were a little more tired than usual,
at least we slep in longer than we usually do.
We are not the best at getting up early anyway but today was worse. I guess we didn’t feel the pressure as we
have the late shift for a couple of days.
The weather is getting colder and business at the Monument is slowing
down. After the usual Monday
home-evening, I assisted Elder Johnson in giving a blessing to sister Scott
from the ward. She seemed to be OK all
thru fireside but when it was over, she seemed to completely come “un-glued”. She pretty much got control during the
blessing but then lost it again as she was heading home. Don’t know what her real problem is. She just had double knee replacement and
seemed to be getting along OK until tonight.
When we finally got home, I watched the World Series on TV to spend the
rest of the night while Rhonda
sewed.
Tuesday we did better on getting up. Took a walk to the post office and some work
on the computer, getting checks, etc. ready to deliver in Utah for kids'
Christmas. One interesting thing happened
at the Monument today. About closing
time, there was a car that just drove thru but didn’t exit so I walked outside
and saw one lady up by the Monument. As
soon as she saw me she took off on a run so I went back to the office but the
car still didn’t exit. I watched for a
while and went back out to where I could see the Monument and then there were
four people there. I walked up and asked
if I could take a picture for the four of them.
Response was a quick “no”. Then
one of the Oriental girls asked if it was “free”? I told them that everything here was free and
they could look around as much as they liked.
She said that when she first saw me, she thought I was coming to “kick
them out”. That gave me a chance to talk
to them for a few minutes. Non-members
from NH but some had been to SLC so something brought them to see the Monument
even though they didn’t want to go through the visitor center. When we got home, we started putting things
together for our trip to Utah after our shift tomorrow. Rhonda stayed up late to finish sewing the
shirts that she is taking home for the kids’ Christmas gifts.
We were interested to see that white stuff on the top peaks of Mt. Nebo Thursday (Oct. 31). We spent most of the day running errands in Utah County....including our final shots at the A.F. Clinic. Then we decided to drive to Mona. LeIla rode along and didn't want to get out of the car because she still has a cast on her foot from surgery. So it was a quick trip.

On the way back from Mona, we stopped to meet a lady whose family had visited the JSBM a few weeks ago. Their little 6-year-old girl had left her new winter coat at the visitor center so we brought it back to them. They live in Lake Shore.
We got back to the cabin just in time to surprise three cute trick-or-treaters. (They didn't know we were going to be there). We had such a fun time with Misty's family. They stayed for pizza, doughnuts, and ice cream and then slept at the cabin!
Paisley stayed with us all day Friday. We were able to do a little work around the cabin. Then Randy's family and Rhett's family all came to stay the night so that we could get up early and drive to Kamas for Braxten's Baptism by 9:00 a.m.






















No comments:
Post a Comment