 |
| Lots of Snow |
February 16-22
SUNDAY
--
Regular Church schedule.
Met the other new FM couple (Mooneys) at
Church. They just arrived in the late
hours of Saturday.
They seem like a nice
couple as do the Harmons
!
 |
| Icicles at Church |
Spent the
afternoon at home just trying to get caught up on some of the odds and ends I
haven’t seemed to finish before now.
We
were asked to take Sister Raymond to Tim Luce’s baptism at the Church.
We almost got stuck in her
roadway as the wind had blown and snow had drifted in and it was pretty
deep.
We were spinning several times to
get up her hill.
The Baptism was a nice service
with treats afterward.
President Stoker
came to the baptism because he was here staying at the Memorial in preparation
for Zone Conference tomorrow.
MONDAY - Today was Zone Conference at the
Church. We attended until the noon
break. We hurried and grabbed some food
and then off to the Memorial to relieve Osborn’s who were on the Conference program in the
afternoon. It turned out to be a really
good day. We had quite a good number of
visitors come. It was nice to be busy
again! We also had a good crowd
at FHE.

TUESDAY
- We had the weekly missionary
meeting at the Memorial before we started our regular shift.
Rhonda gave the lesson and did a great job.
It started snowing in the early afternoon and
didn’t seem to be letting up so we decided to cancel Institute for the
night.
I didn’t have the students’ phone
numbers so I emailed them and ask them to reply.
Only one student replied so when we got home
I got out the phone numbers and started calling.
I believe I finally made contact with all of
them before they would have left for the class.
We just stayed at the apartment for the rest of the night.
I got out my varnish and gave the walking
sticks a going over on the top half.
I
also finished my reading
The Work and the Glory (volumes 1-9) for the second time.
WEDNESDAY
-
We had our normal All-day shift so Osborn’s could get a day off.
We had several visitors and at the end of the
day we waited at the Memorial so Rhonda could go to song practice with the YW
since they were having combined Mutual they were going to practice early.
It snowed off and on for the afternoon and
when we stopped at the Church for practice, no YW showed up and only 1 YM so
things were pretty much cancelled.
We
were scheduled to have the combined activity showing movies at the Memorial but
it all fell through since there was no participation.
We finally got home a little after
7:00pm.
I was certainly ready for some
food.
 |
| Entering the "Longest" covered bridge crossing the Connecticut River from New Hampshire to Vermont |
 |
| View from road-side about a mile away |
THURSDAY
- Today is our
day-off.
We had a calm morning—but it really turned
out to be a nice day.
So nice in fact
that I had to get the bucket and wash the car.
We made our shopping run in the afternoon (after a stop to Wendy’s).

While we were in that end of town we headed
down the road toward Windsor, VT.
It is
there that they have the longest covered bridge around.
It goes across the Connecticut River,
probably over 100 yards.
All the signs
were pretty much covered up with snow to read the particulars.
We took the slow road back to W. Lebanon to
finish our shopping and get gas.
We finally made it home and the car was dirty again so I got the bucket
and washed it again.
It would be clean
for at least a few hours (overnight).
I
watched Olympics and basketball on TV.
The BYU game vs. Gonzaga came on TV at 11:00pm EST but was such a good
game I had to watch it until nearly 1:30am.
FRIDAY
-
Up
in pretty good time for getting in so late.
We went for a walk to town and thought the air felt pretty moist.
Sure enough, it started raining when were
just about to turn around so we cut through the Sharon School grounds and
headed for home.
We had a few visitors
at the Memorial.
I ended up watching
part of the movie,
Testament with a couple of members from NH.
It is really a touching movie.
With the rain and a warm day, there is lots
of standing water on the walks and path to the Monument.
I tried pushing it off but it just kept
running back to the low spots.
SATURDAY
-
We had the morning shift and the first thing was cut Elder Osborn’s
hair.
It was a little nerve racking as
he likes it quite long and I am not used to cutting that way.
I think it ended up looking OK however.
No one came to the Memorial until we were
ready to leave and by then Osborn’s said they would take them through.
We went to the cabin/house (the one we once thought about buying, close to the Memorial) where Mooney’s are now moved to--since they didn’t
like their other place. Rhonda was helping to clean some areas with the steamer.
We somehow forgot the floor brush attachment, so I made a quick trip to the apartment to retrieve it.
Went home and relaxed for a while then I went
for a walk.
Rhonda decided she had done her
work for the day so I went alone but had a good walk up a side road in the
mountains.
I watched more Olympics and
BYU basketball on TV.
It was just a
relaxing night.
 |
| Another covered bridge near Plainfield |
 |
| Another shot ofthe LONGEST covered bridge | | |
No comments:
Post a Comment