February 23-28
New FM Missionaries: Eld Mike Mooney/ Sis Teri Mooney Eld Kent Harman/ Sis Tammy Harman
SUNDAY -- We had
Ward Conference at Church today so quite a few visitors. It was a good meeting, as
usual. We went directly from the
meetings to the Memorial for the rest of the day. The Elders from Lamoille, VT scheduled a tour
and a 69 minute movie at 4:00pm. They
showed up at 4:45. We were still there
until after 7:00pm and then they went to see the monument and I turned out the
lights and drove off while they were still around. They didn’t seem to be in any hurry. I was pretty much starved by the time we got
home so I cooked the fastest thing I could, Macaroni and cheese. We then made candied popcorn and I ended up
gaining more weight. Once my stomach got
full, I watched the Utah-Ariz. State basketball game on TV along with some
other game highlights.
MONDAY -- It seemed like a pretty day so I went for a
walk but soon found out that the wind was still pretty cold and the ice on the
sidewalks was still pretty slippery.
When I got back, Rhonda was making corn-chowder for FHE so I started
peeling potatoes. We are back to doing
the afternoon shift now on Mondays and it cuts down a lot of travel and wasted
time.
![]() |
| Sister Tarawhiit saying "Good-bye" |
We said good-bye to Sister Tarawhiti
today as she is being transferred tomorrow.
There were quite a few at FHE and they didn’t seem to want to disperse
either. Almost all of them sat around
and talked until after 7:30pm. I guess
that is good as they probably don’t have a chance to visit with other Church
members very much.
TUESDAY -- I
put on more clothes for my morning walk but the wind was still cool on my face
but by the time I got back, the sun was out and the roads seemed about dry so I
decided to wash the car again, hoping it would last a couple of days. It turned out to be a L O N G day at the Memorial as no visitors came. I ended up going to the theater and watching
a movie. They had just installed new
blinds and it was so light I couldn’t see the movie very good. I commented to the Osborn’s and they soon
called FM to get some darkening blinds.
We went to Northfield, Norwich Univ. for Institute. We had three students attend tonight. We seem to have one additional each time,
hope the trend continues. After the
treats, the students didn’t seem to want to leave either. We stayed for over a half-hour and finally
asked them to lock the doors when they were finished visiting. It snowed most of the way back to Sharon--so
much for a clean car, but at least I keep trying.
![]() |
| Refreshment after YW in Excellence Program |
WEDNESDAY - There was not much exciting happening at the
Memorial today so I went to the visitors center and talked to the new FM
missionaries while they were installing some darkening blinds in the theater
room. After they left, I just sat down
and watched a movie that I hadn’t seen for another hour. It seemed like a pretty long day. The evening didn’t turn out much better. Rhonda went to the Church to accompany the YW
for their program and was gone over two hours.
I tried to keep busy, I re-varnished my JSBM walking sticks as there
wasn’t much to watch on TV. 
THURSDAY - Today is
our day-off. I
went for a cold walk up the dirt roads in the morning. It was pretty cool and it seemed like the
wind blew in your face no matter which direction you walked. There isn’t much happening, snow flurries out
the window, etc. We went to W. Lebanon
shopping in the late afternoon. We have
about the same shopping routine each week.
Usually the first stop is to Wendy’s, then to JoAnne’s, the grocery
stores and to get gas and then it is back home.
Really not much variety but it always seems to take us a while.
FRIDAY It is still
cold but I took a walk anyway, about the same as yesterday. I saw one outside thermometer which showed
the temperature to be 2 degrees. Once I
started down the hill I decided to try a little jogging. I thought I was doing OK and all of a sudden
I found myself sprawling on the road.
All I can figure out is that I must have kicked a frozen rock and it
upset me. My dark glasses were all bent
out of shape, skinned my knee and made a hole in my pants besides a few scrapes
on the side of the face. Once I got
collected I decided it best to walk the rest of the way to the apartment. It took a few minutes to get the blood on my
leg cleaned up and back to normal. I was
lucky, only 1 little to the side of the eye and the rest of the hurt was just
my pride. To the Memorial in the
afternoon for our usual afternoon shift.
Harman’s brought their daughter from Virginia for a tour so Rhonda took
them through. That was the only visitor
we had for the day.







No comments:
Post a Comment